…but oh man, I really hate these Tumblr pinned posts.
For how much David talks about finding better ways to integrate advertising into a platform, it bears noting: these are easily as, if not much more annoying than a site cluttered with banner ads. At least with a banner ad I can tune them out…the pinned posts require a click to get them out of the way, and i find myself spending less time on Tumblr as a result.
Is there anyone out there who feels differently? Or are we all quietly (or not so quietly) hating them?
- invincibeard likes this
- sevenstoreyfall said: Oh, no, I agree completely. The second I saw the first one I knew it would get old. I’ve unfollowed blogs for abusing them
- hermitologist answered: I am quietly disliking them.
- wolfmank answered: I don’t mind them as long as there is only one. But if all the top posts are pinned I will start hating them real quick.
- plutocraticdystopia answered: Eh, they’ve gotta make money somehow, and I prefer them because they’re more useful to bloggers than banner ads ever will be.
- cris- answered: i don’t mind unpinning. it’s actually kind of fun. haha! :p
- dailybunch posted this